Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spring Fling trip with 98 Rock and Baltimore Ravens Cheerleaders

So I just returned from my trip to the Bahamas with 98 Rock and the Baltimore Ravens Cheerleaders. This was the third year that the station has brought me with them on this shoot and I am truly grateful to have had this experience. What a week! We stayed at the Wyndham Nassau Resort where the management treated us like royalty. There were SO many things going on and I felt like I was running around like a mad man trying to capture it all. I wanted to step up my game this year so instead of just relying on the 98 Rock airstaff to supply me with footage from their Flipcams, I brought my own video camera and equipment down with me. I finally got a real chance to try out the Glidecam rig that I got for Christmas and I must say that I love it! It truly helped my footage to look incredibly smooth in situations where hand-holding the camera would have resulted in shaky footage. I was able to film cheerleaders on a catamaran that was bouncing around on the waves and still come away with a steady shot. While being driven around on a golf course, the Glidecam helped to eliminate the bumps along the course and the resulting footage looks like it was laid down on a professional dolly track.

Aside from the improved technical aspects on my part, the opportunities that the station created for moments to be filmed were plentiful and a LOT of fun! One of the highlights was the synchronized drinking that we staged on the final day of the trip. You can see it below. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment